Wednesday, January 7, 2009

16 weeks pregnant!

Monday January 5th
Big shop- $200 worth of groceries. I am amazed at how the stuff I want to eat is good for me for the most part with the exception of skinny cow ice cream sandwichs now and then. Oh and most shockingly of all my most hated meat has become a friend as of today-HAM! It started with a delicious dream that ended with a 3am craving and wondering out loud "why the hell don't we have ham in the house!" Needless to say $150 of our shop involved stocking up on ham.

Tuesday January 6th
Why the hell is everything in reruns...I am bored and lazy.

Wednesday January 7th
Well it is now 4am- I am wide awake and I have decided to be productive. At 3:30am I finally got up after lying in bed for an hour. Adam was then woken up ("Honey, where is the camera?") and hired as photographer so that you can see my new highly rounded belly in all of its glory. I am now either feeling the "quickening" (baby moving) or my tape worm is giving me a hard time. My next midwife appointment is next week and our big 1hour ultrasound is on the 26th of Jan. I put a classified up yesterday titled "Setting-up shop for June baby, debt-free" listing what we were looking for and the prices we are willing to pay and we have already had 3 responses in 2hours. One lady is giving us for free a bag of cloth diapers (usually not cheap)!
I have been looking into prenatal classes and will need to book soon. I am lucky the "Midwife patient" prenantal class is allowing Adam and Diane my labour coach to attend I just need to get my act together and register.
I am hoping to go on a vacation to Seattle or down the coast before mid March but we will see what happens.
Well I should try for bed again.

Here is the belly shot at 16w2d.
Notice the belly is rounding higher up as the uterus raises the roof!
5lbs gained although it looks like 20. Camera adds 10 pounds ...right?



P.S. 5am Just wanted to add I just checked my email and 10 people have now replied to my baby stuff ad. woo hoo!

Adam's thoughts on week 16

As part of being a loving and caring husband, I have contributed to the ease of Mischa's pregnancy in a few tangible ways.

1. Installed a new oak toilet seat in the bathroom. Our old one was put to the test over the past few months, and it needed a sturdy yet comfortable upgrade. Plus the wood looks fancy.

2. I have become obsessed with baby strollers. If I see one on the street that we like, I have to stop myself from asking the owners where the bought it, and for how much.

3. Temperature control. If I think it's hot, then it must be too cold. If it's cold, then Mischa is colder.

4. I will eventually accept the fact that it is all my fault. All of it.

Other than those points, I really do believe that I have the easier job in this pregnancy, and hope it stays that way.

Cheers,
A

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Apparently, you are soooo thin I can't even see you in the photo - or somehow the picture is not coming up on my laptop.

What a clever idea regarding baby stuff. I already have an offer for a whole bunch of little baby things from a friend with a 22-month old baby. Mischa - do you know that you knew ALL the alphabet when you were 22 months old?

Anyway - just did the math on travelliing to the westcoast in the truck and camper - best guess in costs will be around $6500 - assuming that diesel remains at $2.57 a gallon in the US.

Regarding junebug moving - wait until he/she has hiccups!

Anonymous said...

Is 2.57 a gallon cheap? Our gas here is super cheap- almost 1/2 the price it was last year. At 6500$ it would be cheaper to fly and rent a camper!

Anonymous said...

I agree - not sure I can convince your dad.
$2.57 is the local price for diesel.

Gasoline was as low as $1.47 a US gallon - but it is now #1.67

Saw the photo this time - you certainly are sprouting! Watching CNN - lots of flooding in Washinton State - how are you doing in Victoria?

Mischa said...

Rain, rain, rain, rain. I love me rubber boots.