Tuesday, November 4, 2008

7 weeks Pregnant!

Tuesday November 4th,

Junebug is now a blueberry/raspberry, hmmmm delicious raspberries.
M.

Wednesday November 5th,

Yesterday I was sooo sick. Mash potatoes were about all I could think of eating and I really wanted hot cross buns I mean really wanted them. Apparently they are out of season as they are baked only during Easter. Bastards.

Last night Adam and I watched the American election all night. I started crying when Barack Obama was announced as the president elect I was so moved. A commentary was made that really stuck with me that this election was historical not just for African Americans and visible minorities but also for all of the white people through out the history of America who did the right thing going against their communities and culture to see this day. The commentator then read from Martin Luther King's last speach. I am getting choked up again. I am so happy our baby will be born during this term. I realize everything will not change in 4 years but maybe the ground work can be laid. I must say McCain's consession speach was really good and I felt a little sorry for him. It sounds silly but I am super concerned about Obama's safety. I keep thinking he is now some idiot's target.
It was amazing to see the hundreds of thousands of people in Chicago for Obama, I wonder if our friend Michael was there. There were so, so many young faces in the crowd. I wish Canada would be moved in the same way. What an amazing night.
M.

Friday November 7th,

Hearing the heartbeat

Today we went to for the last time to the current doctor's office to have an ultrasound done. It was the first time that I've seen, and heard, our Junebug's heartbeat.

Lot's of reasons and things have told me that Mischa is having our baby, but for myself, seeing the heart blip was more emotionally sealing than anything before. The screen showed the entire contents of the embrionic sac, and the doctor explained what we were seeing. The most unmistakeable thing though, was the rythmic timing of a heart beating, visible by way of flashes of light, followed by the most intense thumping I think I have ever heard. Beautiful.

The doctor said everything is going great.
Adam


Well be just got back from the doctor. Only one little bug in there. The heart beat was very loud and strong the doctor said. I didn't think we would hear the heart beat but we did! I ask how many BPM but the Dr. said he didn't count. Adam thought it was so cool and now I think it has sunk in that we are having a baby. This is the furthest I have ever made it. The measurement of the baby put us back to our original EDD of June 23/08, (today is 7w4d). My RE has signed off and I am now going to see our midwife for our first appointment on Nov 13. I am looking forward to my hour long appointments with my midwife. I liked my RE but his time was highly in demand and I felt like I was being a pain if I took to long. I am really glad Adam went to the ultrasound with me, he is even now talking about being there when the baby is born!
M.

DOUBLE CLICK ON THE PICTURES TO SEE FULL SIZED AND TO READ THE WRITING













Saturday November 8th,

Today Adam and I went to a used baby clothes swap. Lots of pretty girl stuff but not too many unisex stuff.
We got home to Lily outr whiny baby and that is when things started getting weird. I wonder how she will be when the baby comes...












No comments: