Sunday, October 26, 2008

6 weeks pregnant!

Sunday October 26th,

I have decided I am going to attempt to remain calm and rational until the beta comes back on Tuesday. I am pretty superstitious and yesterday before I got the call from the Dr I bought some maternity wear so I felt like I was jinxing it.

BTW at Old Navy right now (at least in Canada) all of their summer maternity capris which are regular $30 are 2 or 3$ on sale.-CRAZY! I bought 3 pairs because I will need them next spring and don't want to pay full price. Even if I end up a different size, for the 8$ I spent I can give them away and make some pregnant lady happy! Pregnant but still thrifty.
M.

Monday October 27th,

I'm so glad we are in good standings with our local library, as our house is full of baby books! I have at least three to read, and am so happy that I am with a girl like Mischa, as she keeps me informed and learning.
A.

I went and had blood taken for 3rd Beta. Results tomorrow hopefully. Keep fingers crossed. Here is an interesting link regarding hCG:
http://babymed.com/faq/content.aspx?13508
M.

NOTE: OUR ESTIMATED DUE DATE HAS CHANGED SO TECHNICALlY WEEK 6 STARTS OCTOBER 28TH. WE WILL ADJUST IT EFFECTIVE WEEK 7. THANKS MISCHA & ADAM


Tuesday October 28, 6 weeks preggo!

Woo hoo! my Beta is in 19456! average 45.25hr doubling time

Average hCG Beta at 26DPO is 6983 for singleton, 11512 for twins
Average doubling time is 47.86 hrs for singleton, 44.75 hrs for twins

Looks like one baby! (but it's still fun to tease Adam about the twins)
M.

Wednesday October 29th

Nothing to Report. Very tired.
M.

Thursday October 30th

I would like to state for all of those doubting Thomas' out there that Adam has been amazing since we found out we were pregnant. Despite his stubborn refusal to read any baby books (Is he illiterate?)he keeps the house tidy and cooks dinner for us. Once he learns how to become a masseuse he will be officially perfect.

As for myself I know I am not the skinniest girl but my stomach looks like I am 20weeks pregnant due to bloating but I havn't gained a pound- not cool, not cool at all.
M.

I want to be a house husband. The whole doing laundry, having dinner ready within a timeframe, and cleaning up is gratifying. Mischa does seem happier if I have food for her as SOON as she gets home, which I can understand. Unless of course it's something that does not agree with her smell senses that day!
A.

Friday October 31st -- HALLOWEEN

I have officially discovered the most comfortable Halloween costume for a bloated sick pregnant woman: anything that requires you to wear scrubs. This year I have decided to be an RCA because cleaning old man bums is very scary to me. I love my scrubs in fact I think my next career change will involve a career that requires them.
M.

Monday November 3rd

This weekend was a toughie. Saturday Adam worked and I was at home sick and unhappy. Sunday I had to work for the day entering rent cheques and came home miserable. Nothing seems appealing to eat, I want a HOT bath, and my legs are constantly irritable. I think Adam is fed up with me and wants me to snap out of it. When Adam is pregnant he is welcome to snap out of it whenever he feels like it. Adam is taking me to Wal-mart today to go buy a bathing suit so that we can go swimming every day. It is the closest I will get to having a long bath which I long for. Tonight we will watch SNL’s final election special (the US election is tomorrow). We're excited for the ultrasound on Friday- 4 more sleeps!
M.

No comments: